Johnson & Johnson is the world's largest healthcare company aspiring to care for the world, one person at a time. Over 130,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact Team supports and champions the people on the front lines who are at the heart of delivering care. The Team leads the global Johnson & Johnson partnership with One Young World and believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most vulnerable people. Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
We are pleased to inform you that, for the fourth year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact is collaborating with One Young World to offer scholarships to 12 aspiring young leaders across the globe to participate in the virtual 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
Participating in the 2021 OYW Summit
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the One Young World organization postponed its October 2020 Summit to April 23-26, 2021 taking place in Munich, Germany. As much as we, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, would have loved to offer our young leaders the opportunity to join the OYW Summit in Munich in a face to face setting, the safety and health of our employees and that of our external young health scholars is our first priority. With COVID-19 still spreading across the globe, we have decided to join the Summit 100% virtually.
What we offer our 2021 J&J OYW Scholars?
Centered around the One Young World Summit 2021, the program provides a six month accelerated learning and development opportunity which includes:
- Access to virtually attend the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Participation in the 2021 Johnson & Johnson One Young World ProgramGlobal kick off and debrief calls
- Virtual learning sessions delivered live or through LinkedIn Learning
- Global ScopeAthons that allow participants to work with and learn from other non-governmental organizations and/or social enterprises to create practical, feasible and innovative solutions in areas such as climate change or public health.
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Buddy Team support: Teams of 2021 J&J OYW delegates, called buddy teams, will support scholars in furthering their aspiration and creating innovative solutions to pre-defined needs
2021 Scholarship Audience
- Young leaders from non-governmental organizations, social enterprises, community-based organizations or individual leaders/entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities. This may include activities undertaken by nurses, midwives, community health workers, formal/informal (family) caregivers and healthcare professionals trainees (both clinical and non-clinical)
- Where possible, priority will be given to nurses, midwives and community health workers, in line with and strengthening the Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact strategy
To learn more about the eligibility criteria and selection process, or if you are interested in applying to the J&J OYW 2021 Scholarship Program, please click here. Applications close November 27, 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in December 2020 and final decisions will be communicated by mid-February 2021.